We specialise in management consultancy and development services internationally and offer expert advice to governments going through political, constitutional, economic and structural change. Our key objectives are promoting good governance and good practice in delivering public services. Set up in 1995, we have worked on more than 165 projects in 63 different countries around the world and have welcomed over 3,100 senior policy makers and managers from at least 157 countries to our international professional development workshops and training courses.
Our Directors, staff and associates have extensive experience of programmes in public administration internationally, including in Africa, Asia, the Balkans, the Caribbean, Central and Eastern Europe, the Former Soviet Union, Latin America, the Middle East and the Pacific.
We have excellent relations across the civil service, local government and related organisations in the UK public and private sectors, and can resource consultancy projects and programmes with experienced public servants, consultants and trainers. We have strong links with institutions and experts in a range of countries and are experienced at working in partnership with regional consultants and local counterparts. We have worked with many international organisations and funding agencies.
We pride ourselves on:
- Our solid experience and track record of implementing international development projects and programmes in developing and transitional economy countries and fragile and conflict-affected states
- Our independence and our ability to offer practical advice and support to our clients
- Our professional, friendly approach and our high standards of customer service
- Our flexibility and willingness to tailor projects, programmes and courses to meet our clients’ needs
- Our reliability as a good partner for governments, funding agencies and consultancy and development consultancies internationally
- Our high standards of ethical behaviour
Please see our Statement of Business Ethics and Anti-Corruption Policy and our Whistle-blowing Policy
- We are a corporate member of the International Institute of Administrative Sciences. The IIAS (http://www.iias-iisa.org), based in Brussels, aims to improve administrative sciences worldwide. Please view the attached report Report (opens in PDF)
- PAI is also a member of British Expertise International, which is a leading organisation for UK companies offering professional services internationally (http://www.britishexpertise.org/bx/pages/bx.php)
- PAI works closely with the Eastern and Southern African Management Institute (ESAMI), Tanzania and with the Centre Africain de Formation et de Recherche Administratives pour le Développement (CAFRAD) – the African Training and Research Centre in Administration for Development, Morocco. We have signed Memoranda of understanding with both of these partners.