About the workshop
The workshop takes participants through the stages of the whole procurement cycle leading to and including the contractor management process. Many contracts fail because of the lack of planning or understanding of the management process and this workshop will address those areas.
What the workshop will cover
Good procurement practice requires an appreciation of the key stages of procurement. This practical workshop covers the whole sourcing process and will help you to understand the main steps, including:
• An examination of all stages in the procurement cycle
• Understanding the regulations
• Planning procurement and contracts
• Key considerations in defining client requirements
• The key documentation, including producing a clear specification
• How to define performance standards, measures and methodology and design these into the contract
• Managing a fair and consistent evaluation, selection and award process
• Facilitating quality, compliance and good practice in contractor management
• Contract management techniques and ensuring that contractor performance is maintained.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will benefit all procurement practitioners, including those who are new to this discipline and staff who sometimes have to draw up specifications for services, goods and works or staff who need to manage contracts. Participants will:
• Develop procurement planning and management skills
• Understand the ‘end-to-end’ procurement and contracting process
• Ensure a comprehensive audit trail for contract procedure and contractor selection
• Establish contract and contractor review and management processes to ensure delivery of quality outcomes.