About the workshop
All around the world pressure on the public sector to build effective, accountable and inclusive organisations continues. This is at the heart of the UN Sustainable Development Goal 16 – “peace, justice and strong institutions”. In order to progress, organisations need to define their performance objectives and measure performance against them. This means that politicians and senior managers need assurance that systems and processes are in place to deliver economically, efficiently and effectively the performance objectives the organisation must achieve. This workshop shows how risk management and internal audit can add real value in ensuring that these fundamental building blocks of any public sector organisation can deliver and support the essential control environment that will protect assets and support the achievement of objectives. The workshop sets out current good practice, gives an excellent opportunity for you to visit a selection of public bodies and allows informed interactions with experts.
What the workshop will cover
During the week you will explore:
• The role of internal audit and risk management and the main elements of managing these functions successfully
• Internal audit structures and independence
• Audit approaches, including systems-based audit
• Performance audit
• Risk-based internal audit planning
• Developing an effective risk register.
How participants will benefit
The workshop is designed to allow you to:
• Make internal audit and risk management more effective, accountable and inclusive in the context of your organisation
• Share and absorb experience of good practice developments and practical lessons learned from their implementation in both the UK and other countries
• Discover how your own experiences of managing and implementing risk management and internal audit can support the implementation of SDG 16
• Enable you to explore how to enhance the development of internal audit and risk management in your own country
• Draw upon the practical, hands-on experience of our expert Workshop Director and visiting speakers.