About the workshop
Project management is the discipline of moving from ideas to results. Projects are a key mechanism by which organisations change and adapt to take advantage of new opportunities or to counter threats. Organisations therefore need skilled project and programme management practitioners for the successful delivery of their strategic initiatives. Successful organisations manage change by integrating proven project and programme methodologies, tools and techniques with their ongoing business operations.
This workshop will equip you with effective strategies, practical tools and techniques to identify, develop, plan, control and implement programmes and projects which are aligned to the objectives of your organisation. Project management approaches, such as Agile, are particularly important during times of rapid change and uncertainty.
You will also benefit from extensive practical hands-on experience through group work on a series of realistic case study exercises. The tools and techniques studied are designed to be adaptable to meet an organisation’s specific needs and circumstances.
Who is it for?
The workshop is designed for both project and non-project management staff at all levels who are or who will be involved in the delivery of projects and programmes and who need to gain in-depth knowledge and practical skills and techniques to ensure project success and to develop robust risk management plans to maximise the chances of success.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
• Increase your capabilities to define, appraise, plan, implement and control programmes and projects to deliver strategic benefits for your organisation
• Effectively plan, control and evaluate a range of programmes and projects
• Identify and avoid the common causes of project failure by applying best practice in project and programme management
• Understand how to manage risks such as COVID-19 and the challenges to managing projects during periods of pandemic
• Develop an excellent basis of knowledge and skills to advance to professional project and programme qualifications such as PRINCE2® or PMI.
What the workshop will cover
During the workshop you will explore:
• The scoping and objective setting of projects and programmes to ensure a clearly defined link to strategic and organisational goals
• Effective project governance
• Different approaches to project management, including how Agile project management can help to deal with rapid change
• The concepts of project appraisal, finance and costing and other factors that need to be evaluated when deciding whether a project should receive priority
• How to apply effective methods of project planning, scheduling and control
• How to identify and track project and programme benefits using visual mapping techniques
• Effective team management in a project environment.
The workshop has been designed to be flexible so that it can be adjusted wherever practicable to your particular requirements.
You will be invited to give a short informal presentation on how project and programme management are practised in your home country.