About the workshop
The workshop is the second part of a two-stage programme and will look at recent developments in procurement and contracting, in particular the much higher profile afforded to the overall supply chain and associated global considerations. Participants will have the opportunity to examine how their own practices can benefit from establishing changed approaches to the procurement process in the workplace, and the impact of delivering the service post-pandemic.
What the workshop will cover
The workshop looks at changes in, and modern approaches to, procurement and contracting and helps to develop skills for effective understanding and management of the process. It incorporates the impact of the supply chain on the procurement process irrespective of the type of organisation involved and will help you ensure more effective controls within the procurement and contracting function across the organisation to support the drive for better management of resources, provide value for money and deliver outcomes that match both client expectations and supplier performance.
The programme covers:
• Understanding the strategic role that procurement plays within an organisation
• Outlining the stages of the procurement cycle
• Applying the strategic benefit of procurement planning, including contingency planning
• Understanding modern procurement processes, including key documentation, tendering, evaluation and award/management of contracts both individually and corporately
• Consider and appreciate the systems available for procurement and their function in your organisation, including the use of technology for e-procurement and e-tendering
• Governance considerations
• Linking contract management procedures and skills to the overall financial and service management process
• Appreciating the need for a robust supply chain and understand the impact of global change on your organisation
• Ethical, sustainable and autonomous procurement
• The principal elements in using negotiation
How participants will benefit
The workshop will give people with a procurement background a wider understanding of current procurement practices and will help auditors to understand procurement and contracting.
• Understand the strategic role and impact of procurement to support the business and service delivery.
• Explore the approaches that can be introduced to enhance contractual effectiveness
• Understand the supply chain and the impact of change on the component parts, including ultimate deliverables
• Develop a robust and resilient contractor regime
• Appreciate how to conduct procurement and contracting during a pandemic or emergency
• Manage a fair and consistent evaluation, selection and award process
• Facilitate quality, compliance and good practice in contractor management
• Explore contract management techniques and ensure that contractor performance is maintained.
• See how contracting and associated controls can support the overall strategic management process within an organisation.