About the workshop
The workshop is part of a two stage programme covering the whole sourcing and procurement process. This first part will help you to identify with the role and function of procurement in supporting the business organisation, as well as providing practical insights into the key performance, standards, procurement and control issues. Many contracts fail because of the lack of planning or understanding of the management process and this workshop will address those areas.
What the workshop will cover
Good procurement practice requires an appreciation of the key stages of procurement. This practical workshop covers the whole sourcing process and will help you to understand the main steps, including:
• Ensuring quality and contract control and compliance through the use of performance standards
• Applying effective standards of performance throughout the procurement cycle
• Establishing key understanding of the principles and policies relevant to sound procurement methodology
• Planning procurement and contracts including the key documentation
• Applying communication skills throughout the procurement and contract management process
• Overall considerations in defining client requirements
• How to define performance standards, measures and methodology and design these into the contract
• Achieving maximum value for money and commercial advantage for your organisation
• Establishing an effective procurement risk identification and management procedure for your organisation
• Understanding how procurement audit supports the value for money concept in the provision of goods, services and works contracts.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will benefit all procurement practitioners, including those who are new to this discipline and staff who sometimes have to draw up specifications for services, goods and works or staff who need to manage contracts.
• Examine, understand and shape the role of procurement within an organisation
• Develop procurement planning and management skills
• Understand the ‘end-to-end’ procurement and contracting process
• Appreciate different working arrangements during emergency situations such as a pandemic
• Explore the regulations and donor requirements
• Design and examine how contract spend can support effective contract management as well as apply value for money considerations to the business
• Ensure a comprehensive audit trail for contract procedures and contractor selection
• Establish contract and contractor review and management processes to ensure delivery of quality outcomes.
• Appreciate the beneficial application of audit within the procurement process.