About the workshop
At PAI, we realise that the global pandemic has made organisations think differently about their approach to delivering their core business. This procurement workshop has been revised to take account of the recent global pressures and the changing supply environment. It will help you to identify and comply with the key stages of the tendering and contracting processes, together with associated control issues, as well as understanding what impacts have flowed from the changes required from continuing to operate during a pandemic, or similar, emergency situation and the need for a resilient and robust supply chain. You will also gain knowledge of how the procurement and contracting function support the drive for better control of resources and improved value for money.
The workshop looks at the audit and review activities needed to ensure compliance and regulatory conformity. It explains the World Bank’s procurement guidance and other regulatory and donor requirements and gives practical guidance in strategic planning of procurement and contracting.
What the workshop will cover
The workshop will help you to:
• Review, understand and manage the practicalities of the whole procurement process
• Apply procurement strategies effectively at both corporate and individual project level
• Adjust the approach to procurement and suppliers to cope with the fluctuating local and global situation
• Learn about the drivers and impact of the supply chain on organisational targets and contract performance.
• Navigate your way through procurement processes, including key documentation, tendering, evaluation and awarding of contracts
• Appreciate the need for clear and effective specifications and the use of performance standards for quality sourcing and delivery
• Ensure quality and contract control and compliance
• Apply service standards and use service level agreements in the contractual process
• Conduct post-procurement reviews
• Establish how contingency planning supports the business
• Define and manage procurement risk
• Apply contract management techniques to ensure quality delivery of goods, services and works
• Understand how procurement audit supports the value for money concept in the provision of goods, services and works contracts.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
• Gain knowledge in all the key areas, whether as a procurement practitioner or as a Permanent Secretary or public service manager
• Understand the role of procurement in supporting the business of an organisation in the modern environment
• Gain maximum value for money and commercial advantage for your organisation
• Conduct procurement and contracting during an emergency situation such as a pandemic
• Ensure robust procurement processes are aligned to establishing and managing risk and changing national and international statutory and regulatory requirements
• Understand the principles and impact of the supply chain on business outcomes and the changing pattern of global supply
• Understand how to develop a robust supplier and contractor regime
• Ensure that contract management methods are applied consistently across the whole organisation to deliver contract standards.