About the workshop
The workshop will look at recent developments in procurement and contracting and give participants the opportunity to examine how their own practices can benefit from establishing these in the workplace, and the impact of delivering the service post-pandemic.
What the workshop will cover
The workshop looks at changes in, and modern approaches to, procurement and contracting and helps to develop skills for effective understanding and
management of the process. It also provides an insight into how procurement audit can support and enhance the overall service in terms of internal controls. The workshop will explore how strategic procurement planning and the audit process can help in delivering outcomes that match both client expectations and supplier performance.
The programme covers:
• Understanding the strategic role that procurement plays within an organisation
• Corporate management of contracting
• Supplier management, including effective use and control of suppliers
• The use of technology for e-procurement and e-tendering
• The role of audit within procurement
• Ensuring effective controls in supply and managing goods and services
• Using service and contractor standards and service level agreements
• Governance considerations
• Ethical, sustainable and autonomous procurement
• The use of negotiation
• Define and mange procurement risk
• Control and management of malpractice in the procurement and contracting process.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will give people with a procurement background a wider understanding of current procurement practices and will help auditors to understand procurement and contracting. The workshop will be of particular benefit to those who wish to understand the connection between
procurement and contracting practice and the need for clear and responsive audit practice. You will:
• Explore the approaches that can be introduced to enhance contractual effectiveness
• Understand the supply chain and the impact of change on the component parts including ultimate deliverables
• Appreciate how to conduct procurement and contracting during a pandemic or emergency
• See how contracting and associated controls can support the overall strategic management process within an organisation.