About the workshop
At PAI, we realise that the global pandemic has made organisations think differently about their approach to delivering their core business. These series of workshops will help you to identify and comply with the key stages of the tendering and contracting processes together with associated control issues, as well as understanding what impacts have flowed from the changes required from continuing to operate during a pandemic, or similar, emergency situation. You will also gain knowledge of how the procurement and contracting function support the drive for better control of resources and improved value for money.
This workshop will help you to identify and comply with the key stages and processes of procurement. It covers the full procurement cycle from the start of the process through effective tendering documentation, evaluation and the legal aspects of award of tender, to the management of providers. It takes the learning forward into the audit and review activities needed to ensure compliance and regulatory conformity. It explains the World Bank’s procurement guidance and gives practical assistance in planning procurement and contracting.
What the workshop will cover
The workshop will help you to:
• Review, understand and manage the practicalities of the whole procurement process
• Apply procurement strategies effectively
• Navigate your way through procurement processes, including key documentation, tendering, evaluation and awarding of contracts
• Ensure quality and contract control and compliance
• Apply service standards and use service level agreements in the contractual process
• Develop your practical skills in the audit process, from planning to execution, including reporting on and monitoring of recommendations
• Conduct post-procurement reviews
• Define and manage procurement risk
• Apply contract management techniques to ensure quality delivery of services and works
• Learn about the drivers and impact of the supply chain on organisational targets and contract performance.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
• Gain knowledge in all the key areas required for anyone working in procurement, whether as a procurement specialist or as a public service manager
• Gain maximum value for money and commercial advantage for your organisation
• Conduct procurement and contracting during an emergency situation such as a pandemic
• Ensure robust procurement processes are aligned to changing national and international statutory and regulatory requirements
• Understand how to develop a robust supplier and contractor regime
• Ensure that contract management methods are applied consistently across the whole organisation to deliver contract standards.