About the workshop
This workshop focuses on the importance of people – the critical element in successful organisations. The starting point is for you to understand yourself. Once you have done this, you need to begin getting insights into others and how successful relationships are developed so that performance is optimised. The ability to use both Intelligence Quotient (IQ) and Emotional Quotient (EQ) together is at the heart of successful leadership, management and people in a continually volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) world. You will be able to identify clearly what EQ is, why it is important and how it can be developed. You will develop EQ skills so as to understand how your own emotions (intrapersonal) impact on relationships (interpersonal), decisions and stress management. The workshop will also enable you to prioritise areas for development and generate practical improvement ‘tools’ to lead, manage and operate in a VUCA environment successfully.
What the workshop will cover
The workshop will explore how EQ can be used to improve well-being, emotional and social functioning and performance. The structure of the workshop is around the five ‘realms’ of EQ – (1) self-perception (2) self-expression (3) interpersonal (4) decision-making and (5) stress management.
How participants will benefit
During the week you will:
- Gain an insight into EQ, what it is and how you can use it to benefit yourself, your colleagues and your organisation
- Develop self-awareness and self-management of personal emotions
- Explore ways to advance personal EQ
- Understand the consequences of behaviour and weigh decisions before action
- Recognise emotions in others, responding to those emotions in order to inspire high performance and achieve better results.
Please view our 2019 Brochure (opens in PDF)