About the workshop
This workshop focuses on the importance of people and how they are integral to the success of organisations in the public, private and non-
government sectors. Using and developing Emotional Quotient (EQ) and Intelligence Quotient (IQ) together remains at the heart of successful leadership in a continually volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous world.
You will be able to identify clearly what EQ is, why it is important and how it can be developed. You will develop EQ skills so as to understand how your own emotions (intrapersonal) impact on relationships (interpersonal). The workshop will equip you with
a wide range of skills for understanding behaviour, managing mood, stress and conflict to optimise performance of individuals and teams.
What the workshop will cover
The workshop will explore how EQ can be used to improve well-being, emotional and social functioning and performance. Not only will it cover the five ‘realms’ of EQ – (1) self-perception (2) self-expression (3) interpersonal (4) decision-making and (5) stress management, but it will also give you practical tools to manage conflict effectively.
How participants will benefit
During the week you will:
• Gain an insight into EQ, what it is and how you can use it to benefit yourself, your colleagues and your organisation
• Develop self-awareness and self-management of personal emotions
• Explore ways to advance personal EQ – understanding conflict stages and effective management of conflict situations
• Understand the consequences of behaviour and weigh decisions before using, ‘whole-brain’ techniques
• Recognise emotions in others and respond to those emotions in order to inspire high performance and achieve better results.