About the workshop
This workshop focuses on the importance of people – and dealing with the turbulence of the world since the inception of the COVID-19 pandemic. At the heart of all good organisations is its people.
Understanding yourself and others is not just desirable but essential as we adapt to a rapidly changing world. Turbulent times call for emotionally intelligent leaders and this workshop will equip you with a range of invaluable skills to deal with understanding behaviour, managing mood, stress and conflict to optimise performance of individuals and teams.
Using and developing Emotional Quotient (EQ) and Intelligence Quotient (IQ) together remains key to successful leadership, management and people in a continually volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA) world.
You will be able to identify clearly what EQ is, why it is important and how it can be developed. You will develop EQ skills so as to understand how your own emotions (intrapersonal) impact on relationships (interpersonal). The workshop will equip you with a wide range of skills for understanding behaviour, managing mood, stress and conflict to optimise the performance of individuals and teams.
What the workshop will cover
The workshop will explore how EQ can be used to improve well-being, emotional and social functioning and performance. Not only will it cover the five ‘realms’ of EQ:
• Stress management
It will also give you practical tools to manage conflict effectively.
How participants will benefit
During the week you will:
• Gain an insight into EQ, what it is and how you can use it to benefit yourself, your colleagues and your organisation during times of turbulence such as the COVID-19 pandemic
• Develop self-awareness and self-management of personal emotions
• Explore ways to advance personal EQ, including tools to manage conflict effectively
• Understand the consequences of behaviour and weigh decisions before action
• Recognise emotions in others and respond to them to inspire high performance and achieve better results.