Duration: 1 week
Dates: 27 April to 1 May 2020
Dates: 30 November to 4 December 2020
Tuition fees: £2,345 (exc. VAT)
About the workshop
All organisations depend on their leaders, managers and front-line staff to fulfil their organisation’s mandate and achieve results. Developing an organisational culture, a working environment and good policies and practices which enable individuals and teams to perform at their best is key to helping public, private and non-government organisations to function efficiently, effectively and successfully. In the case of the public sector in particular, getting the best out of staff is crucial for delivering services to the public. Our workshop will give you an understanding of what motivates people to do a good job. It will provide you with guidance and practical skills in leading teams and managing individual performance. It will look at how organisations can improve performance and productivity at three levels – strategic, operational and individual.
What the workshop will cover
• The importance of effective human resource management and developing people’s capacity
• Strategies for engaging staff in achieving your organisation’s mission and business objectives
• Recruiting, retaining and developing the right people
• Managing performance and setting and monitoring targets
• Agile and responsive approaches to managing people through change
• Inspiring leaders and their staff and using emotional intelligence to improve wellbeing and optimise performance.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will give you:
• A sound understanding of the principles and practicalities of professional human resource management and development
• A better understanding of what motivates individuals on the team
• Develop a deeper personal and organisational awareness of what matters and what enables high performance
• An appreciation of how to set targets and monitor team and individual performance
• Insight into techniques for improving motivation and productivity, including how to manage poor performers
• A better understanding of the key ingredients of teamwork and team spirit
• Guidance on improving staff wellbeing
• Tips on the use of coaching and mentoring to develop a positive organisational culture and work ethic.