About the workshop
People management is not a skill or competence where ‘one size fits all’. Critically, managers must be willing to identify and respond to the inherent differences in experience, background, education and potential performance for individual members of their team.
This workshop will provide you with an opportunity to review your potential leadership style by exploring a range of proven leadership techniques and methods. It will introduce you to the techniques of modern leadership within a safe learning and development setting that will encourage your engagement and active participation. It will refresh and build upon your existing knowledge, in addition to developing your skills in performing consistently as an effective leader within your current working environment.
What the workshop will cover
• Models and styles of leadership, including leadership development
• Influencing, persuading, problem-solving and decision-making
• Leading change, effective communication and raising competency
• Organisational development and performance management
• Managing people and negotiation and conflict management
• Managing projects and multiple stakeholders
• The Balanced Scorecard.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will:
• Enable you to understand how the key elements of the effective management of people, resources,
projects and stakeholders can contribute to a high-performing organisation
• Explore current good practice in human resource management, focusing especially on getting the best out of individuals and teams
• Provide you with an opportunity to challenge traditional leadership approaches and mindsets and re-think your leadership style
• Review and assess your own management skills and identify strengths, areas for development and your preferred management style
• Guide you in developing a roadmap for effective and sustained optimum performance
• Improve your ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders and enhance your impact as a leader.