About the workshop
This workshop will focus on:
• The transformation agenda to develop the public sector workforce so that it can deliver enhanced public services in changing times
• The variety of new ways the UK civil service and other public sector organisations are managing and developing their people
• The critical role of HR and new models of HR management, including the UK’s transformation agenda post pandemic
• Rethinking talent management during and after COVID-19 to enable capability, capacity and agility
• The latest thinking about improving the capability of civil servants to work collaboratively and deliver services effectively and efficiently.
What the workshop will cover
The workshop will include presentations and discussions and will involve sessions with HR practitioners and others leading and managing people working in central Government Ministries and other public service organisations. It will also include visits to key relevant institutions and will provide ample opportunity for you to share your own experiences and to speak directly to those responsible for policies and decisions. We will include practical skills development and mock performance meetings and feedback sessions. You will be invited to give a brief informal presentation about your role and challenges for the future, so a small amount of preparation will be needed.
How participants will benefit
The workshop is designed to:
• Explore the UK approach reform aimed at improving the effectiveness of the civil and public service and the capabilities required for staff at all levels
• Enable you to consider the people framework and understand the requirements of HR managers and other staff in management/leadership roles
• Give you an opportunity to explore the work of the UK Government’s approach to HR through Civil Service Resourcing and Learning, Ministries and
Agencies responsible for civil and public service and understand the types of work undertaken by public servants and the new approaches to developing capability
• Provide a forum for you to review and improve your approach to HR and managing people and creating and maintaining teams
• Discuss how you should focus on energising your remote teams and help staff to work effectively in new ways during difficult times
• Encourage you to share your own experiences, review your own challenges and prepare an action plan to meet those challenges.