About the workshop
Organisations are dynamic and subject to constant and often complex change, never more so than now during the global pandemic. This dynamism is often stimulated by technology, but societal, cultural and generational factors can also be significant drivers of change. All of these elements need to be recognised and taken into consideration when seeking to manage people effectively. People management is not a skill or competence where ‘one size fits all’. The essential elements of good management are to drive high performance through reward; to resolve conflict; to support continued professional development and, through consistent monitoring and guidance for staff, to ensure that discrete and project-based tasks are completed – to specification, on time and within budget.
This workshop will help you to become an optimum people manager, developing synergy from your working teams and delivering the highest possible performance.
What the workshop will cover
• Organisational development
• Performance management
• Managing people
• Negotiation and conflict management
• Managing projects
• The Balanced Scorecard
• Managing multiple stakeholders.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
• Understand how the key elements of the effective management of people, resources, projects and stakeholders can contribute to a high-performing organisation
• Familiarise yourself with current management and organisational development models and technology and, through group work and practical exercises, practise using and adapting them to your own organisation
• Explore current good practice in human resource management, focusing especially on getting the best out of individuals and teams
• Review and assess your own management skills and identify strengths, areas for development and your preferred management style.