About the workshop
Our workshop, which is held in London, uses the experience in the UK and internationally to focus on:
- The process of managing a fair and open recruitment and selection system
- The variety of recruitment processes into the public service
- The process for selection including the skills for interviewers to make fair and best decisions
- Civil service reform and improving capability of civil servants.
The practical issues surrounding the recruitment, selection and development of civil and public servants will be covered, as will the main themes being addressed in the UK Government’s programme of reforming and modernising the UK Civil Service, including the developments in Human Resources (HR) Transformation.
Who is it for?
Good recruitment principles apply in all countries. The workshop is designed to meet the needs of senior policy makers and managers and their senior staff, HR managers and others involved in recruiting and selecting staff. It will also be relevant for people responsible for improving civil service efficiency, effectiveness and performance in their respective public services.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will:
- Enable you to consider the selection cycle and understand in depth the stages and the requirements of HR managers and other staff at each step in the cycle
- Give you an opportunity to explore the work of the UK Government’s Civil Service Resourcing, Ministries and Agencies responsible for civil and public service recruitment and selection
- Provide a forum for you to review and improve your approach to selection and recruitment
- Explore the UK approach to modernising HR and improving the effectiveness of the civil and public service
- Encourage you to share your own experiences, review your own challenges and prepare an action plan to meet those challenges.