PAI is a member of a consortium led by KPMG which has recently been awarded a contract for the European Commission’s Technical Support Instrument (TSI) framework contract. TSI is a new funding package to provide technical support to reforms in EU Member States, following requests by authorities in EU Member States. It has an overall budget of 864 million euros for the period 2021 to 2027. TSI builds on the success of its predecessor, the Structural Reform Support Programme (SRSP).
By providing on-the-ground support to overcome reform challenges, TSI helps Member States to recover from the social and economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, to improve the quality of their public services and to reinforce sustainable and inclusive economic growth.
TSI covers a wide range of policy areas, including:
- Governance and public administration
- Digital transformation/e-government
- Revenue administration and public financial management
- Labour market, social protection and migration
- Skills, education and training
- Green transition, including climate action and energy transition
- Health and long-term care
- Financial sector development and access to finance
Member States can also receive support to prepare, amend, implement and revise their national recovery and resilience plans under the Recovery and Resilience Facility.