About the workshop
Organisations need leaders and managers and the skills of managing are essential for providing services to the public and for building the human capital to deliver an efficient and effective organisation fit for today and the future. This workshop will focus on the latest developments and skills in management, their relevance to public services and what they mean for people managing others to deliver a transformed public sector. It will equip you with a suite of advanced management skills to help you face the many challenges of day-to-day management.
What the workshop will cover
The workshop will focus on practical management skills. The overall objectives for the workshop are to:
• Enhance your understanding of advanced management capability requirements in public service policy and delivery
• Develop a suite of advanced management skills including: people management; managing performance; handling poor performance;
engagement and resilience; building relationships (internal and external); decision making
and coaching; teamwork and implementing improvements
• Develop self-awareness and enhance your personal impact.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
• Develop your personal management capability to perform at your best
• Increase self-awareness and your personal impact, drawing on a comprehensive, individual Myers Briggs Type Indicator Report
• Develop skills to tackle existing and future people management issues and understand the ways good management can enhance positive outcomes
• Draw up plans to increase management capability in your organisation
• Grow and develop your international network and share good practice.