Duration: 1 week
Dates: 23 to 27 March 2020
Dates: 28 September to 2 October 2020
Tuition fees: £2,245 (exc. VAT)
About the workshop
Leadership capability is crucial to the delivery of public services and to building an efficient and effective organisation fit for today and the future. This workshop will review developments in public services and what they mean for its leaders. Leadership is critical to organisational success and to ensure the workforce is aligned to contribute to a successful and responsive public service. This workshop will review the competences that leaders need to make an impact in the changing arena of public service organisations. You will learn about the UK approach and review other examples of good practice including practical exercises, and case studies from practitioners.
What the workshop will cover
Strategic leadership, good governance and policy formulation; practical leadership skills: turning plans into action; personal effectiveness and impact. The overall objectives for the workshop are to:
• Enhance your understanding of leadership in public service policy and delivery
• Develop a suite of leadership skills, including prioritising, communication, teamwork and change management
• Develop self-awareness and personal effectiveness.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
• Develop the personal leadership capability to make an impact and contribute to the future of your public service
• Contribute to existing and future strategic challenges and understand the links to operational delivery
• Review and implement plans to increase leadership capability in your organisation
• Recognise the approaches and changes you can implement to enhance public service delivery
• Grow and enhance your international network and share good practice.