About the workshop
Leadership capability is crucial to the delivery of public services and to building an efficient and effective organisation fit for today and the future. This workshop will review developments in public services and what they mean for its leaders. Leadership is critical to organisational success and to ensuring that the workforce is aligned to contribute to a successful and responsive public service. The workshop will review the capabilities that leaders need to make an impact in the changing arena of public service organisations. You will learn about the UK approaches that have been successful in extremely challenging times and review other examples of good practice, including practical exercises, and case studies from practitioners.
What the workshop will cover
The overall objectives for the workshop are to:
• Explore the concept of strategic leadership, good governance and policy formulation; practical leadership skills: turning plans into action; personal effectiveness and impact
• Enrich your understanding of leadership in public service policy and delivery
• Build leadership capacity through developing a range of leadership skills
• Engage with techniques that enable desired organisational change through effective leadership
• Enhance communication, influencing and persuading skills
• Develop self-awareness and the opportunity to team build and improve competency.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
• Develop the personal leadership capability to make an impact and contribute to the future of your public service
• Contribute to existing and future strategic challenges and understand the links to operational delivery
• Review and implement plans to increase leadership capability in your organisation
• Recognise the approaches and changes you can implement to enhance public service delivery
• Grow and enhance your international network and share good practice.