Duration: 1 week
Dates: 18 to 22 May 2020
Dates: 30 November to 4 December 2020
Tuition fees: £2,195 (exc. VAT)
About the workshop
This workshop focuses on helping you to achieve excellence in financial management to enable your organisation to achieve its objectives. We will examine how resources can be optimally planned, monitored and controlled. We will examine the latest developments in financial management practice and the use of technology to improve control and achieve efficiencies. The workshop looks at various roles and responsibilities in managing budgets and how these roles and responsibilities should be fulfilled and supported.
The workshop focuses on:
• Optimising the collection of income
• Application of modern technology in financial management
• International developments in accounting practice.
What the workshop will cover
• Modern financial management and processes for implementing budgetary control
• Treasury management
• Improving efficiency and value for money
• Internal and external audit
• Income strategy and collection
• Delivering capital programmes including public- private partnerships
• An overview of International Accounting Standards
• Managing risk and preventing and corruption.
How participants will benefit
It will enable you to:
• Improve the financial management systems and practices in your organisation
• Understand different approaches to capital programme development and the improvement of infrastructure
• Develop an understanding of the opportunities and challenges provided by International Accounting Standards
• Set out how internal and external audit should help organisations to achieve their objectives and improve accountability
• Apply methodologies to assist and improve the value for money of public services.