About the workshop
Over the past decades, digital technologies have been profoundly transforming all sectors of the economy and – even more broadly – whole societies. Despite the commonly held belief that the public sector may be somewhat slow to embrace innovation, many public authorities have digitised both their services and their internal processes. As new technologies keep emerging, nowadays the public sector has the opportunity to innovate further and improve its interaction with businesses and citizens, truly propelling itself onto an era of digital transformation.
Digital transformation can radically improve the efficiency of governments, the quality of services for citizens and create the conditions for start-up growth. The opportunity is there – but is generally not yet fully used. The ultimate goal of this workshop is to support public administrations in the adoption of cost-effective and flexible digital solutions and strategies. The workshop will focus on the use and analysis of digital transformation solutions and strategies to transform decision-making and service delivery practices at all levels of government in order to achieve better value and outcomes for citizens and businesses.
The workshop is designed for policy makers and decision makers who plan, implement, manage or evaluate the implementation of digital technologies and strategies for transforming the work of public administrations.
What the workshop will cover
During the week, the workshop will develop your understanding of:
• The benefits of digitally disrupting the traditional public administration
• Drivers and enablers for digital transformation
• Existing solutions and best practices
• Challenges and risks of digital transformation
• Enablers and mitigation actions
• Stakeholder engagement and onboarding
• Business case development
• Developing implementation and delivery plans
• Advanced visualisation and visual analytics tools, as well as decision support systems
• Evaluating digital transformation plans and the implementation of digital transformation solutions.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
• Understand the principle and management of transforming the decision-making process and the delivery of public services
• Make critical judgments about challenges, bottlenecks and enabling factors of adopting disruptive technologies and implementing digital transformation strategies
• Be knowledgeable about smart city best practices and champions
• Procure and manage digital transformation solutions and services efficiently and effectively
• Mentor colleagues on the benefits of digital transformation and in how to implement digital transformation solutions effectively.