About the workshop
This workshop focuses on helping organisations to achieve the full benefits of IPSAS and/or IFRS. We look at how best to manage the implementation of the Standards and how public and private sector organisations can effectively use financial accounting to improve resource management, corporate governance and accountability.
We will examine improvements in both internal and external reporting. The workshop will include an examination of the ways in which technology can be used to streamline accounting and reporting and how that fits into the overall information strategies of organisations.
What the workshop will cover
The workshop covers:
• Effective reporting under IPSAS and IFRS
• Decision-making using accrual-based information
• The development of necessary skills across the organisation
• The application of systems to improve financial reporting and the management of resources
• Financial information and management as part of overall corporate governance.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
• Understand the implications of the Standards in terms of financial information, decision-making and resource allocation
• Undertake financial and resource management roles more effectively
• Generate the benefits that application of the standards can bring in improving corporate governance
• Lead on the use of technology to improve financial and overall resource management
• Understand the role of the external auditors and how to work with them to improve the reliability and value of financial reporting
• Develop the necessary financial management skill sets across your organisation.