About the workshop
This workshop sets out the major accounting requirements relating to IPSAS and IFRS. It is intended to provide participants with a solid understanding of what will be required to comply with the Standards. The Standards set out how and when transactions should be recognised, measured, reported and derecognised, irrespective of when the cash transactions occur. For accountants and managers there is a need to understand fully the requirements and the basis upon which financial information, internal and external, needs to be prepared. This workshop is intended to provide that understanding.
What the workshop will cover
This workshop covers:
• The core principles upon which the Standards are based
• The required financial statements
• The required treatments for the major areas of accounting, including with respect to assets, income and employee benefits
• Accounting for assets, financial instruments and foreign currency transactions
• Accounting for financial instruments including debt and investments
• Accounting for foreign currency denominated transactions.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
• Understand the major requirements of the Standards
• Be able to develop the application of the Standards in your organisation
• Develop a further understanding of the impact of the Standards on your organisation’s reported financial performance and position
• Play a leading role in the application of the Standards.