Duration: 1 week
Dates: 8 to 12 June 2020
Dates: 7 to 11 December 2020
Tuition fees: £2,175 (exc. VAT)
About the workshop
Project management is the discipline of moving from ideas to results. Projects are a key mechanism by which organisations change and adapt to take advantage of new opportunities or counter threats. Organisations therefore need skilled project and programme management practitioners for the successful delivery of their strategic initiatives. Successful organisations manage change by integrating proven project and programme methodologies, tools and techniques with their ongoing business operations. This workshop will equip you with effective strategies, practical tools and techniques to identify, develop, plan, control and implement programmes and projects which are aligned to the objectives of your organisation. You will also benefit from extensive practical hands-on experience through group work on a series of realistic case study exercises. The tools and techniques studied are designed to be adaptable to meet your organisation’s specific needs and circumstances.
What the workshop will cover
During the workshop you will explore:
• How to scope and set objectives for projects and programmes to ensure a clearly defined link to strategic and organisational goals
• The concepts of project appraisal, finance and costing and other factors that need to be evaluated when deciding whether a project should receive priority
• How to apply effective methods of project planning, scheduling and control
• Different approaches to project management, including Agile projects
• Effective project governance
• How to identify and track project and programme benefits using visual mapping techniques
• Effective team management in a project environment.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
• Increase your capabilities to define, appraise, plan, implement and control programmes and projects to deliver strategic benefits for your organisation
• Effectively plan, control and evaluate a range of programmes and projects
• Identify and avoid the common causes of project failure by applying best practice in project and programme management
• Develop an excellent basis of knowledge and skills to advance to professional project and programme qualifications such as PRINCE2® or PMI.