Duration: 1 week
Dates: 15 to 19 June 2020
Dates: 14 to 18 December 2020
Tuition fees: £2,175 (exc. VAT)
About the workshop
Projects and programmes are management approaches for delivering organisational change. They are inherently risky undertakings as they involve complexity and uncertainty. Risk management is a systematic application of principles, approaches and processes to identify and assess risks to reduce threats to success and maximise opportunities. This workshop will provide a sound grounding to assist you with successful project delivery.
Case studies and practical exercises are an integral part of this workshop. The core of the workshop is based on the UK Government’s approach Management of Risk, giving you a firm foundation on which to implement risk management within your organisation.
What the workshop will cover
During the workshop you will learn:
• The end-to-end process of project and programme risk management within a practical risk management framework
• Risk management best practice based on well- established and proven procedures and practical hints and tips
• How to prioritise risks
• Visual mapping techniques
• Approaches to disaster recovery and business continuity
• How to identify effective counter-measures and contingencies
• How to control risk and confidently present risk management information
• Aspects of social and reputational risk
• How to embed and review management of risk in your organisation.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
• Establish the basis for cascading risk management through your organisation and embed a risk management culture
• Improve the effectiveness of risk management processes to help assess programmes and minimise risk
• Contribute to the achievement of desired development goals and ensure ‘early warning’ and other strategies for preventing failures.