Managing the performance of public sector organisations
Duration: 1 week
Dates: Please contact us for 2016 dates
About the workshop
The recent economic turmoil and, in some cases, severe economic constraints experienced in many countries across the globe is having far-reaching effects for public sector managers. Citizens are looking to public sector organisations to show that they can build and sustain a more efficient, economic and effective service to stakeholders. The challenge is to maintain, or possibly even increase levels of service with reduced resources. Public sector organisations are being required to reshape their systems and processes to ensure that their objectives can be met, and that they can demonstrate successful outcomes.
Public sector organisations are increasingly being driven by performance objectives, and are implementing performance management and monitoring systems at the strategic level.
This workshop focuses on performance management at an organisational level; and at how performance frameworks can be developed to enable senior managers to evaluate progress towards overall strategic objectives.
Who is it for?
We have designed the workshop specifically for public sector organisations – central, state and local government bodies – as well as parastatals and NGOs.
It will be especially beneficial for:
- Senior managers responsible for maintaining or introducing performance management
- Senior managers responsible for business planning, corporate performance, reform projects and governance issues
- Senior managers needing guidance on related processes on which they may be asked to provide assurance or advice to top management.
The workshop will also be of interest to people working for organisations involved in governance, audit, evaluation and civil service reform policy. Aid donors and consultants will also find the programme helpful in understanding current responses to the challenges that organisations face.
How participants will benefit
You will be able to:
- Understand performance management in its organisational context
- Experience developments in good practice and lessons learned from UK and other countries
- Share your own experiences of managing and implementing performance management systems with other participants
- Explore how these developments may be introduced and/or implemented in your organisation.
Please view our Brochure 2015 (opens in a PDF document)
“A lot of practical perspectives brought into the presentations making them lively. The site visit element was very enriching.”
Mr. Felix Adu, Chief Internal Auditor, Central Bank of Ghana