About the workshop
The workshop will equip you with all the skills you need to respond to what is changing in your environment and to plan and implement strategies that improve systems, adapt behaviour and achieve organisational objectives. You will identify how your organisation tends to manage change and learn to choose from a variety of alternative approaches that work with organisation systems and relationships. You will learn to develop strategies that incorporate the most important factors, attract resources and gain support from stakeholders. You will gain insights into your approach to leadership, power, authority and change and how your behaviour impacts on others and contributes to organisational culture. You will learn how
to use emotional intelligence and intuition to identify what is important and to become flexible and adaptive. This workshop is divided into two modular weeks which can be attended as separate modules or combined to gain a more comprehensive understanding of change management.
What the workshop will cover
The workshop will include exercises to diagnose existing practices and attitudes and help you understand key change theories and their practical implementation. The workshop has been designed to be flexible so that it can be adjusted wherever practicable to meet your requirements and those of your organisation.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will enable you to:
• Undertake a phased approach to managing and implementing change
• Build implementation strategies that identify the human resources (HR) and technical and financial resources required for change
• Apply leadership and change agent skills and strategies that influence behaviour
• Identify what needs to change, and why, and how to plan for it
• Engage internal and external stakeholders in the change process
• Manage barriers and risks to successful change
• Influence attitudes through listening, coaching and motivating and develop a more effective culture using HR to align behaviour and performance with strategy
• Learn from your own and other people’s experience of change
• Develop your capacity for agile approaches to cope with unplanned, emergent change
• Engage your team and build teamwork skills to secure organisational objectives
• Recognise how organisations and teams can be less bureaucratic and more collaborative to respond to changing conditions
• Identify the values that lie behind different organisation cultures and learn how to practise and promote values that create more effective cultures.