About the workshop
The workshop offers an informative and valuable pathway of understanding for planning and leading organisational- wide, departmental and team change. You will gain the tools and perspectives needed to develop specific action plans in support of your change initiatives whilst gathering the skills and knowledge to motivate your staff to understand and embrace their role in helping to bring about improvements and respond to new challenges. It also provides answers to some of the key questions asked by leaders and managers when confronted with the need to change:
• What are the key factors I must take into account?
• How can I get the support and resources necessary to make things happen?
• What methods can I use to ensure the commitment and support of all stakeholders?
• How will I recognise and work against resistance to my change initiatives?
What the workshop will cover
• Understanding the rationale for change
• Analysing the current state of your organisation and the need for change
• Identifying change agent competencies and setting up change management teams
• Planning and managing a change project
• Tools for managing resistance to change
• Organisational culture: scenarios and strategies for change
• Communicating with and engaging stakeholders.
How participants will benefit
By the end of the workshop you will:
• Understand of all facets of the change process
• Know how to identify what should be changed, why it should be changed and how to bring about change for the better
• Update your knowledge of the range of skills, styles and attitudes available to successful leaders of change
• Develop sound change strategies using a range of planning tools
• Break down large-scale change strategies into achievable action plans
• Identify the conscious and unconscious dynamics of change
• Develop and apply clear, engaging and personalised communication strategies
• Use influencing skills to sell the need for change, secure active engagement and create a cadre of change supporters
• Identify and apply a range of useful techniques to enhance working relationships
• Engage all stakeholders in the joint ownership of the desired end result.