Duration: 1 week
Dates: 29 June to 3 July 2020
Dates: 19 to 23 October 2020
Tuition fees: £2,225 (exc. VAT)
About the workshop
Is it possible to facilitate successful organisation change?
While the bad news is that many change strategies fail to meet their objectives, the good news is that some organisations and leaders do succeed. They adapt their thinking and behaviour in response to a rapidly changing environment. They cope with complexity by being agile and responsive. They learn from experience to improve performance and transform relationships with staff, customers and stakeholders. This workshop will be practical, developing your capacity for learning, leading and facilitating individual, team and organisational change and will enable you to develop new skills. It will help you motivate and manage others in complex circumstances. It also will help you identify and harness the attitudes and behaviours embedded in successful change. The workshop will include a visit to an organisation that has managed change successfully.
What the workshop will cover
• Developing a learning strategy that can transform our capacity for change management
• Building communication skills that enable us to listen, coach, contract with and facilitate our colleagues and build trust, confidence and self-esteem
• Recognising and analysing organisational systems and using the systems approach to continuously improve organisational processes
• Acknowledging how change impacts on people and using emotional intelligence to support ourselves and others
• Developing skills to apply agile approaches to strategies for change
• Becoming an agent for change and adopting best practice from private, public and third sector organisations
• Understanding group dynamics to lead teams and team meetings and deal with conflict more effectively
• Recognising resistance in ourselves and others and learning creative ways of responding to it
• Developing our capacity for recognising and managing risks to a change strategy
• Diagnosing and changing organisational culture using the competing values framework.
How participants will benefit
The workshop will develop your capacity for leading (and following) change. It will enable you to work through others to deliver sustainable solutions. It will help to transform your relationships with people whose support you need to achieve results. You will leave with the capacity to diagnose your organisation’s culture and systems. You will develop more creativity and choice over your options and behaviour.